Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Q-joints in Salt Lake City???

Q-joints in Salt Lake City???

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Does anyone have personal knowledge of any barbecue restaurants in the Salt Lake City area??? I'll be heading there next month and would like to know where to go for good barbecue.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:44 pm
JD_Smokes well done
well done

Ok, I don't have any personal knowledge as I've never even been to Utah, but a guy I know has been to SLC and recommends: http://www.sugarhousebbq.com/online/

Again, I've not eaten there, but if you don't get any other tips then at least this comes from a friend of a friend. :)
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks JD!!!

I'll check it out while I'm there!

Anyone else???

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm
Bonewagon rare
rare

There's a place in West Valley called Q4U, and a place called Pat's Bbq on Commonwealth Ave in SLC. If you're as far north as Ogden there's GoodWood on Riverdale Rd.
WSM
Big Steel Keg
Performer

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks Bonewagon for your suggestions!!!

I will be in the southern part of SLC - staying in Sandy with a conference in Camp Williams, so I probably won't get far up north, but I'll definitely check out those in SLC.

I'll let you know where I go and what I think of their Q.

Thanks again!

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Hey Y'all,

Well, I'm back from Salt Lake City and have a report on two Q-joints that I ate at while there: GoodwooD Barbecue Company and The SugarHouse Barbeque Company.

I stopped for lunch at GoodwooD Barbecue Company in Draper (133 East 12300 South, Draper, UTAH 84020 - (801)495-4840) and I sure am glad that I did! Here is the "review" for this establishment: Opened the door and was met with good smoke aroma. This was definitely pulled pork, but it was a bit dry and slightly chewy. It had good smoke flavor. Dip spooned over the pile of pork was okay - kinda sweet with molasses taste (I think). Both sauces on the table were okay - Sweet & Spicy or Sweet & Sassy. Cole-slaw was way too chunky without hardly any dressing but okay flavor. Barbecue Beans were a wee bit crunchy with spices and tomato flavor. Good amount of food for $8.99 plus Tea and Tax = $11.92 On my rating scale (1.0 worst to 5.0 best) I rated this Q a solid 3.0.

My wife and I had dinner one night at The SugarHouse Barbeque Company (2207 South 700 East, Salt Lake City, UTAH 84106 - (801)463-4800). Very few people there when we arrived, but the place filled up pretty fast shortly thereafter. I got the "Bill's Big Combo Platter" and here is my review: My meal consisted of pulled pork, beef brisket, & 4 ribs w/ bbq-beans, collards and cornbread. My wife got the tomato/carrot bisque with red beans & rice. Appearance = everything looked extremely dry. Pulled pork was dry yet not too chewy with too much smoke flavor (masked the pork flavor); brisket had good smoke flavor with beef flavor peeking out, but was dry - especially the bark; ribs were dry but okay flavor with lots of smoke; Sauces on table not great; didn't really help the pork; Barbecue beans had strange spice flavor; collards were a bit crispy but good; red-beans & rice had good flavor with large chunks of sausage; Bisque was pretty good too. Corn bread was the best part of the meal. It was GREAT!!! Tea was too sweet and too weak. $18.49 plus Tea & Tax & Tip = TOO MUCH!!! Good live bluegrass music was excellent!. On my rating scale I gave this place a 2.0. I should have gone back to GoodwooD!

Anyway, just thought all-y'all might like to know.

Return to Best BBQ Joint