Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint KC's Arthur Bryants best in world

KC's Arthur Bryants best in world

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:42 pm
Coramfarm

Kansas City is the world headquarters for Bar B Que. No where is it more respected or devoured. So if you want good bar b que then you have to come to Kansas City.

T.J. Clark

Post Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:37 am
scott

it still is the orginal kcmo bbq joint. ribs to die for, but i perfer gate's sauce. try gate's and see if you agree

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:59 pm
ratcher

I made the pilgrimmage about 30 years ago. While the BBQ was great, the fries were out of this world. Don't know if that is still true, but I would go back just for the taters.

Post Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 pm
BBQBill raw
raw

I have been living in KC now for 4 years. At first, the locals raved about BBQ and I thought, "How much BBQ can someone have?" Now, over the past 4 years, I now own two smokers, have had another one, and continuously learn.

Here are my picks for KC BBQ:
-Note: I am not listing these as the best five; more so as these are all good, but just what you are in the mood for!

1. American Royal BBQ - just plain awesome!

2. Jack Stack - for a great meal with great ambience go to either Martin City or OP

3. LC's - plain, old BBQ; no frills! If you go, check out LC's "office".

4. Arthur Bryant's - either downtown or by Kansas Speedway

5. Smokehouse BBQ

Bill

Post Mon May 23, 2005 8:55 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Welcome to the board BBQBill! :D

I grew up in K.C. and love the BBQ there. L.C.'s was great and the best part was I got to meet him while we were there! :D I'll definitely check out #1 and #2 when we go.

Hope to see you around.

Return to Best BBQ Joint