Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint More St. Louis BBQ!

More St. Louis BBQ!

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:33 pm
M Felton raw
raw

Mad Dog noted Bandana's but I also love SuperSmoker's (they have five locations in town) - try the Eureka one first www.supersmokers.com They have a great selection of sauces, and killer meats. and beans. They have also won the whole hog competition in Memphis in the past and can cater parties. Tremendous food!

We have also recently found a new place in town, run by a gentleman and much of his family. Richard's Ribs at 10727 Big Bend immediately west of Lindbergh in Kirkwood.- I really enjoyed the rib tips and the turkey. And they have home made pies by his wife!

Post Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:00 pm

:wink: YEAH I'VE EATEN AT RICHARD'S RIBS A BUNCH...AWESOME LITTLE JOINT ON BIG BEND IN KIRKWOOD. PERSONALLY I THINK RICHARD'S IS AS GOOD A BBQ PLACE AS THERE IS.....TRY THIS ONE FIRST IF YOUR COMING THROUGH ST. LOUIS. FORGET BANDANA'S...THEY HAVE BIG PORTIONS BUT THEIR BBQ IS SUB PAR....BY GETTING GREEDY AND BEGINNING TO "CHAIN" THEY'VE LOST THE MAJIC.

INSTEAD RICHARD'S RIBS IS FAMILY OWNED AND THERE'S ONLY ONE. THE BBQ PIT IS OUTSIDE AND RICHARD DOES THE GRILLING HIMSELF. THEY SERVE A FULL ARRAY OF THE TRADITIONAL BBQ FAVORITES.

Post Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:12 pm

I live near Richards but have never tried it. I definitely will soon. Bandana's and Supersmokers - more so Bandana's - are both suffering from too much growth. Neither place is quite as good as they were 4-5 years ago.

Return to Best BBQ Joint