Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Neely's in Memphis

Neely's in Memphis

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:40 pm
BBQ Roger rare
rare

Blazer wrote:
NEWS FLASH: The Memphis Fire Department was called to Interstate Barbecue today to douse a fire that had nothing to do with the cooking of barbecue. Details have not been released. More later.

It wasn't the hot sauce was it?

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:36 am
frenchie medium
medium

They use so much hot sauce on their show I get heartburn watching it.

Post Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:34 am
Trollby well done
well done

I've watched the show, the wife has got to go! Or at least mellow out, she is overpowering in my opinion. I like the husband and his brothers, they seem to work well. But because of the wife I really don't watch the show.

BTW.. I am not saying that women should not BBQ, just the stupid antic's (spice fairy, etc...) makes me want to PUKE!

But I do have to say it was the "Down home with the Neely's" that I first noticed the Char-Griller and got me here, so They do have a good side :P

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:30 pm
kovach rare
rare

Jim Neely (of Interstate) is the Uncle to the owners of Neely's (and they used to work in his restaurant).

I've tried both numorous times, aty Neely's I had mixed results, but never anything but fantastic food at Interstate.

Out of the 1/2 dozen or so places in Memphis I've eaten BBQ at, Interstate is the best in my opinion.

Previous

Return to Best BBQ Joint