Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Todd's in Oakhurst CA

Todd's in Oakhurst CA

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:41 pm
whodking rare
rare

We just got back from a family vacation to Yosemite and the California coast. Great trip, but of course I was on the prowl for good BBQ.
We spent the first night in Oakhurst, California. I did a bit of research on line for hotels and restaurants.
The place is Todd's Cookhouse Barbeque on HWY 41. Cute place, nothing fancy. Very clean, good parking and location. You order at the counter and they'll bring it out to you. The staff is really friendly and the service was excellent!
I had the combo plate with the brisket and pulled pork. Came with slaw, beans (excellent) and garlic bread. The plate was good size and I was hungry. I barely finished it. My daughter had the smoking ribs plate. I just has to try some. Very tender, great smoke, just a bit of sauce. They have several sauces and they let ya serve your own. The pork and brisket were juicy and had the right balance of smoke and flavor.
This was easily the best meal on the trip. I've been to several "famous" BBQ joints across the country. Todd is right up there with the best.
So, if you are on your way in or out of Yosemite, give it a try. Good stuff!

Return to Best BBQ Joint