Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Williamsburg, VA BBQ?

Williamsburg, VA BBQ?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:44 am

Hey y'all!

I don't know if this has been hashed before, so here goes...

Does anyone know of any decent Q-joints around Williamsburg, Virginia?

My wife and I are heading there next weekend and are interested in sampling their finest barbecue cuisine.

Thanks in advance for any information and comments!!!

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:29 am
barnyardman medium
medium

Might wan't to try this place http://www.hogwildsmokehouse.com/ Have not tried yet, but have read some good reviews on it.
Barnyardman

Post Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:14 am

Hey Y'all,

I just returned from Williamsburg and was only able to get to one Q-Joint during the short weekend. My wife and I found Pierce's BBQ and it was quite a pleasant dinner!

Pierce's BBQ is WAY OUT OF THE WAY!!! (from Colonial Williamsburg) - But definitely worth the trip! Our first impression was that there wasn't enough parking! Then, when we got inside, we realized that there weren't enough tables and chairs either! We got in line at the door (the people who came in behind us were actually in the doorway), but the line moved very swiftly and before we knew it we were ordering our dinners. Not too large a selection, but I came for chopped pork BBQ, so that is what I got! We had to stand around for about five minutes before we spotted a table where people were getting up to leave. We sat down immediately and waited for our number to be called.

The chopped pork BBQ was very moist and pretty tender inspite of having large chunks of pork in the mix. The flavor was a bit smoky and had a sweet thick-red barbecue sauce mixed in. Pretty good stuff! On my 1-5 scale rating of Q, this gets a strong 3.5. It came with fries and hushpuppies along with white cole slaw. Everything was good, including the sweet tea.

My thanks goes out to "EATWELL" for the suggestion!

Post Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:28 am
rhino260 medium-rare
medium-rare

I stopped at Pierce's this past weekend and the BBQ was quite good. But everyone says about it being out of the way. It's about 4 miles from Williamsburg off I-64 with signs every where. Couldn't have been any easier to find.
Backwoods Party w/ DigiQ
Master Forge Vertical
Weber Charcoal
We're always smoking something!

Return to Best BBQ Joint