Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Good Joint in Martinsville, IN

Good Joint in Martinsville, IN

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri May 04, 2007 12:06 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

The wife and I were on our way down to IU Bloomington to pick up the twins for summer break. On the way, at the intersection of SR 144 and SR 37 South, I saw a sign I have seen before and have been curious about: Whiskey River BBQ! We were hungry so we decided not to pass it up this time. The place is fairly nice inside, setup for a family environment with the restaurant and bar separated. We have been to places like this before and have wasted a lot of money on garbage-Q. So, we did our usual, a whole slab and two sides to share between us.

The waitress asked us if we wanted sauce! :shock: What? Usually, these joints automatically try to hide the grim realities of their tasteless food without asking! She said they like to do things right and offer sauce on the side because some people like to taste the bbq itself. Well, Sauce on the side it is, and give us the whiskey blend - this stuff was awesome! I took some home with me.

The ribs came out... Baby Backs... hickory smoked... beautiful crust... fallin' off da bones!! Smoke flavor - perfect! Need sauce - not a chance! This was some good stuff! Now, its not like I make, or as good as what I have even sampled at some competitions, but, I am not sorry I spent my money there and I will be back again.

They served the ribs with a huge side of cole slaw, baked beans and some outstanding Texas Toast! We were very satisfied.

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Post Fri May 04, 2007 2:06 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

Wow Tony, after that last place I didn't think you'd EVER go out again. :lol:

I glad this joint takes pride in the food and you enjoyed it. :D

Post Fri May 04, 2007 3:11 pm
ajhunter well done
well done

Bob-BQN wrote:
Wow Tony, after that last place I didn't think you'd EVER go out again. :lol:

I glad this joint takes pride in the food and you enjoyed it. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: It was hard but Robin was hungry and wanted to try it out. I am really glad she did because it was a real treat!

Tony
2 WSMs, CG
KCBS CBJ

Return to Best BBQ Joint