Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Dat's Good Que-Lewisville TX

Dat's Good Que-Lewisville TX

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:48 am
djomni raw
raw

If you have visited Dat's Good Que in Lewisville, TX then you know the BBQ requires NO SAUCE.. www.datsgoodque.com if not go check it out...I do their website and marketing (on contract only, so anyone needing services give me a shout..im freelance)

IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO DGB..Please if you don't mind giving a few answers:

How do you feel about the pricing of the Plate Dinners?

How do you feel about the pricing of the Meats by the Pound?

What meat do you like the best at DGB? The worst? and why?

What improvements would you like to see at DGB, in either atmosphere, service, or food?

Thank You very much...

James
Fusion Marketing and Graphics

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:42 am
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

How do you feel about the pricing of the Plate Dinners?
Very fair for the amount of food you get.

What meat do you like the best at DGB?
I still haven't had their pork, but my favorite, hands-down, is the ribs. They are colossal and delicious.

What improvements would you like to see at DGB, in either atmosphere, service, or food?
Seriously....none. I love the feel of that place. The service is great. Those folks want their customers to be pleased.

That said, Dat's is my favorite BBQ joint in the metroplex.

Post Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:40 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

The questions are a little "formal" to me, so instead of answering them directly, I'll toss in my thoughts.

I enjoyed the interaction with the people behind the counter. 8) They seemed more like old friends than someone I’d just met. We arrived at the restaurant over an hour early and got to spend some time with them before they got busy.

Although restaurant food, in general, can't hold a candle to backyard barbecue, the folks at Dat's Good Que haven't lost their touch. The food was very good, better than any Kansas City restaurants that we've eaten at over the past five years, and I wouldn't hesitate to eat there again or recommend it to others. Everyone loved the desserts too!

The building was comfortable. It didn't have the "sterile" feeling of most restaurants, it was a true BBQ joint. (for those that haven’t been there, it was very clean) One place in Kansas City seemed more like a French Restaurant than a BBQ joint. The DGQ had a lot of character and a very personalized feel to it. Go Cowboys! :lol:

Relay to the folks at DGQ to keep up the good work. :D

Return to Best BBQ Joint