Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Know of any good places in Cary, NC

Know of any good places in Cary, NC

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:03 pm
ex34.6 raw
raw

I'm going to be going on business trip to Cary, NC soon, does anyone know of any particularly good BBQ there?

Post Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:17 pm
HurricaneKurt medium-rare
medium-rare

I don't know of any good place in Cary. There are a couple good places about 30 minutes away though that are both worth the drive. Allen & Son on Millhouse Road in Chapel Hill is the real deal and so is Stephenson's Barbecue in Willow Springs on hwy 50 north. Both these joints cook whole hogs over wood coals.

Kurt

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:59 am

The only BBQ place in Cary is "Danny's Bar-B-Que" (311 Ashville Ave # G, Cary, 27518 - (919) 851-5541).

Danny's chopped pork Q is very moist and chunky, with only a slight smoky flavor. It is not sauced at all. I rated this Q as average (2.5 on a 1-5 scale).

There are only two other Q-Joints in the area immediately around Cary: Dixie Bells Bar BQ (1241 Laura Village Rd, Apex, NC (919) 303-6676); and: Ole Time Barbecue (6309 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC (919) 859-2544).

Dixie Bells has pulled Q that is a bit dry and chewy. The only flavor is a smoky taste that I think is artificial. It is average in grade (2.5), but is a little high in cost.

Ole Time Barbecue is pretty good and is fairly close to Cary even though it has a Raleigh address. This Q is a bit better than the others (3), and usually has pretty good flavor although you may find it a wee bit dry.

If you want GOOD BBQ, I would recommend that you head into downtown Raleigh to "Clyde Coopers BBQ" (4.5) or to a "Smithfield's Chicken & BBQ" (4.7), a chain with numerous stores around the area (not in Cary).

Return to Best BBQ Joint