Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Smoky Bones BBQ

Smoky Bones BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
What is your favorite kind of rib?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:14 pm

Baby Back
40%
St Lewis Style
60%

Total votes : 5

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:14 pm
mhoppmann rare
rare

Franchise look for one near you!!
I'm not going to spoil it!

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:34 pm
stlouBBQ well done
well done

Being from St. Louis, the St. Louis rib is obviously my favorite. BTW, I ate at the Smokey Bones in Providence, RI when I was there a few weeks ago. I was impressed. Good stuff and good atmosphere. I got to eat BBQ while watching the Cardinals play in the World Series. Couldn't beat it since I had to be on the road during the WS.

Post Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:05 pm
CFLagent raw
raw

I hate to sound negative, but the ONLY good thing about Smokey Bones is the bar and the tv speakers at the tables. This is only my opinion, but all their food is garbage to me.

gimme small business owner bbq any day of the week!

oh, and I like St. Louis ribs because there is more meat to eat and flavor :)

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:26 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Not garbage - OK but not great - Not what we cook at home - Franchises that cook for the masses - Quality can and will vary from location to location but not as much as a lot of other chains - They all use Southern Pride Cookers and cook. to a specific set of guidelines and recipes outlined in the franchise agreement. They don't have the luxury of cooking like the old fashioned pit places that just close up when they sell what they cook - they have to remain open from __:__ to __:__ and have food available during their hours of operation.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to Best BBQ Joint