Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Allen & Sons Chapel Hill, NC

Allen & Sons Chapel Hill, NC

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:33 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Here is a blog entry that Steven has here on his website after visiting here. This is abt 8 miles from my house.... Yes, I've been there, and yes, the food is good.

http://www.barbecuebible.com/blog/2004_ ... en_son.php

Bill

Post Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:08 am

I wish I could agree Mr. Grumpy, since I too live only a few miles away, but I can't.

I found this BBQ to be lacking in quantity and quality. It was rather dry and fairly tasteless, yet they wanted big bucks for it! On a scale of 1(bad) to 5 (the best), I gave this establishment a 2.5.

Having tried every place that I could find that serves Q in the Chapel Hill / Hillsborough area of NC, I would recommend the BBQ at Mama Dip's as the best in Chapel Hill, and Tony's BBQ as the best in Hillsborough.

Just my $0.02.

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:53 pm
mrgrumpy well done
well done

Another_Q_Lover wrote:
I wish I could agree Mr. Grumpy, since I too live only a few miles away, but I can't.

Just my $0.02.

Good.... not great.

I couldn't vouch for the pork.... :cry: but the chicken was ok.... it was good, but I have had better. Better than some places....

Almost like it was cooked with gas, instead of wood. Yes, a little pricey for the amount of food. They catered to my work and it was better than when I went to eat there... go figure that one.

Bill

Return to Best BBQ Joint