Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Best in Los angeles...yes, LOS ANGELES

Best in Los angeles...yes, LOS ANGELES

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Sat May 15, 2004 7:00 pm
JC raw
raw

Once you get past your disbelief that anything genuine actually exists in Los Angeles, I encourage you to check out J&J Bar-B-Que. Don't be squeemish - it's in the 'hood - 5754 W. Adams and serves up the best in pork, beef and links. Mostly hot with a little sweetness. Order your favorite with a side of bbq'd beans AND mashed potato salad...and a chocolate shake to cool your tongue.

Post Sat May 22, 2004 1:25 pm
Smokin' George

Best Barbecue in L.A.....You gotta go to Joey's BBQ in pomona, hands down best dang Q I've had! http://www.joeysbbq.com

Post Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:49 pm

joey's is adequate bbq for the uninitiated. i been many times since they opened their chino location 20 years ago. there is nothing authentic about the straight out of the oven flavor and texture. i've scoured southern california in search of good bbq and phillip's, liemert park has bested them all. ribs are masterful and the links explode with flavor. as far as other la q spots, leo's was decent but has since been bought by phillip's which will open its 3rd location if it hasn't done so already. woody's serves some pretty decent q as well.

Return to Best BBQ Joint