Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint The Cozzy Corner (Appleton WI)

The Cozzy Corner (Appleton WI)

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I spent last weekend in Appleton and had a chance to visit The Cozzy Corner on Friday afternoon.

There's a strong musical theme throughout the restaurant.

The special of the day was hot ribs and chicken; I kept the chicken spicy but chose mild ribs. Sides were mac & cheese and red beans & rice.

The ribs were very good despite the absence of a smoke ring. They had good flavor and a nice amount of chew, and the sauce wasn't too sweet.

The chicken was fried and then coated with "hell sauce", and it definitely had a tasty kick! The beans were outstanding with nice pieces of spicy sausage, and the baked mac & cheese was a nice complement to the heat of the chicken and beans. Usually I take more photos of my food but I was too busy eating and my hands were a mess. :wink:

And to wash it all down I had an orange soda from local (New London) bottler Flavor 8.

The Cozzy Corner is a definite asset to Appleton and I'd like to stop there again the next time I'm in town.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:29 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Wow, Brad - if I was to start a restaurant it would likely look a bit like that (at least in terms of decorations). Great find! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Return to Best BBQ Joint